Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Whistler: Dining With Dogs

Hello Everybody! I'm back from a family vacation in Whistler, BC, Canada, so I have lots to share with you dog lovers out there about how dog friendly Whistler is! Today I'm going to talk about restaurants.


On our first day there, we had lunch at The Brewhouse. My Mum got the recommendation from Tourism Whistler that this place was dog friendly. It's located right next to the Olympic Plaza.


The Brewhouse had a nice big patio with plenty of shade and umbrellas and the hostess was happy to seat us where I could be comfortable. She even greeted me when we first arrived with a cookie. Nice!


Dad looped my leash around the patio railing and I lay down for a rest while they had lunch. I was so quiet and well behaved, I don't think anyone even noticed I was there. The waiter was really nice to me. He immediately brought me a bowl of cool, fresh water. Now that's service!



The lunch smelled delicious. My Mum shared some of her Thai chicken salad with me. I love pea pods! Dad had a salmon salad which must have been really good-I didn't even get a sniff of his!

The Brewhouse gets a huge tail wag for being dog friendly. Clearly they've figured out that if I'm happy, my mum and dad are happy too. THANKS Brewhouse for your kindness! The Brewhouse is our first choice in restaurants when visiting Whistler!

Whistler in general is an easy place to dine with your dog. We also ate at:

Avalanche Pizza: Mainly a take out business, so you can eat your pizza wherever you want. The owner came out to chat and give me pats. The pizza was fantastic-I got to have nibbles of it.

Splitz Grill: Known for it's amazing BBQ style hamburgers and deep fried pickles. I taste tested the burgers and Mmmm! Mum & Dad got take out and we ate at our hotel, though they did have patio seating around back with umbrellas where I would have been welcome.

The Old Spaghetti Factory: Dad checked the day before we ate here to see if there was a patio because it wasn't obvious where it was. They did have one, so we had dinner here on our last night in Whistler. It's in a charming little courtyard and I was quite comfortable there. Again, I was so good, I don't think anyone noticed I was there. The waitress, who was from Australia was very friendly. I had some of Mum's chicken and some of Dad's steak. Yum!

Just about every restaurant in Whistler Village has outdoor seating during the summer and even if they don't, you can usually get take out and find a quiet spot to eat. There are tables and benches everywhere and failing that, lots of green space for a picnic. There are a wide variety of eateries to choose from and as long as your dog is quiet, well behaved like me and leashed, they are welcome to join you for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment